Day 1 Delhi - Bagdogra - Gangtok
Take morning flight from Delhi to Bagdogra. Meet our representative at Bagdogra airport and drive towards Gangtok (The Capital of Sikkim). On arrival transfer into hotel. Evening free to explore surroundings. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 Gangtok - Yuksom
Today we will drive to Yuksom. The base of our trek. Dinner and overnight stay in guesthouse/tents.
Day 3 Yukoam - Tsokha
The trail from Yuksom starts at the local market and follows main road towards the north. The trail climbs gently out of the valley and hugs the right bank of the Ratong Chu River, which can be heard thundering through the gorge below. The trail crosses over four bridges to climb steeply towards north-west to the small settlement of Bakhim. Continue for another 3 kms through forest of magnolia and rhododendron to reach Tshokh. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 Tsokha - Dzongri
On this day the trail passes through the village of Tshokh and continues to climb north through the forest of rhododendron to the alp of Phidang (3650 m) taking around 3 hrs to complete the ascent. Continue further towards Dzongri. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 Rest day & Acclimatise at Dzongri
The day is for rest and acclimatization. On this day one can savour views of the mountain peaks by climbing up to Dzongri Top. From here you get a panoramic view of Kabru (7353 m), Ratong (6678 m), Kanchenjunga (8534 m), Koktang (6147 m), Pandim (6691 m) and Narsing (5825 m). Towards the west, the Singalila Ridge, which separates Sikkim from Nepal, can be seen. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6 Dzongri - Tsokha
Start retracing steps descending towards Tsokha by going through a bypass route directly to Tsokha. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 7 Tsokha - Yuksom
Retrace steps towards Yuksom on the final day of the trek. The going is easier as the path is mainly downhill. From here drive to Darjeeling. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 8 Yuksom - Bagdogra - Delhi
Early morning drive to Bagdogra and take flight for New Delhi.
• Transport: All ground transport according to itinerary
• Accommodation: Hotel at Gangtok, Yuksom on twin/Double sharing basis. While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, camping stool, camping table etc would be provided.
• Meals: At Hotel only breakfast will serve. While on trek, all meal. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Yaks/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 14 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group
• Entry fee and Inner Line permit (ILP) etc
• Driver allowance
• All Toll Taxes
Cost does not include
• Air fare
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance