Day 1 Delhi - Manali (575 kms/14 hrs)
In the evening drive to Manali by AC Volvo coach. Overnight journey.
Day 2 Manali
Arrival at Manali by morning and then transfer to hotel for relax and acclimatisation. At leisure visit Hadimba Devi Temple, old Manali and the Mall road. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 Manali - Naggar - Rumsu - Ganachalani (2700 mts/8856 ft) (15 kms/ 5-6 hrs)
Early morning drive to Naggar (21 kms). From Naggar the trail leads past Roerichs cottage and along the main bridle path for 1 km before branching uphill to the village of Rumsu. There is an ancient wooden temple with close ties to the temples dedicated to Jamlu in Malana. From Rumsu head up the ridge to the east of the village and follow a well defined trail through a forest of deodar, pine and horse chestnut, Trek further to reach Ganachalani. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Day 4 Ganachalani - Celanti (3500 mts/11480 ft) (12 kms/4-5 hrs)
This trail from Ganachalani ascends through the forest for 4 kms to a series of open meadows. The lowest meadow is around 3000 m, where shepherds from the Kullu valley graze their animals. From these alpine meadows fine views extend up the Kullu valley to Manali and the Pir Panjal Range and across to the Bara Bhangal Range. The trail heads through a small rhododendron forest to a series of alpine meadows to Celanti. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 Celanti - Chandrakhani Pass (3650 mts/11972 ft) - Dadru (3000 mts/9840 ft) (15 kms/6 hrs)
This day we will start early to reach Pass in order to enjoy magnificent views. Its an hour trek to the pas from Cerlanti. From celanti trek to ridge line and cairns that defines the Chandrakhani pass. There are impressive views to the north, including the Ghalpo Peaks of Lahaul- Dharamsura (6446 m) and Papsura (6451 m) and the other high peaks in the upper Tosh valley, while the snow capped ranges of the Himala
extend to the head of the Parvati Valley. From the pass the trail to Dadru remains about 100 meters below the ridgeline for a further 2-3 kms. It descends to the meadow at Nagarvani (3350m). From Nagarvani a couple of river crossings and passage through the forest of silver fir and oak leads to the village of Dadru. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Day 6 Dadru - Malana (2650 mts/8692 ft) (8 kms/ 2-3 hrs)
From Dadru continue along the Malana River until you reach a bridge over the Malana River and the trail to Kasol village: this route leads to the Rashol pass (3260m) and the Parvati valley. Continue trekking to the village of Malana. Malana is an isolated village community with around 50 families. It has its own language, customs, laws and is governed by village elders. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Day 7 Malana - Jari (1520 mts/4986 ft) (20 kms/ 4-5 hrs)
From Malana, trail descends to the valley floor from where a fairly level walk leads through beautiful forest for 5-6 kms reaching the new dam on the Malana River, The 12 kms trek from the dam wall to Jari can be completed in 2-3 hours. Jari is just above the confluence of Malana and parvati rivers. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Day 8 Jari - Manali (6 hrs drive)
Today after early breakfast we will drive to Manali, this will take about 6 hours. Dinner & overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 9 Manali - Delhi (525 kms/12-14 hrs)
Take a half day sight seeing and in the evening drive to Delhi by AC Volvo coach. Overnight journey.
Day 10 Delhi
Arrival at Delhi by morning and from here transfer to hotel for relax. In the evening drive to airport to catch onwards flight.
Trip & services ends here.
• Accommodation: Hotel at Manali with Bed and Breakfast basis. While on trek dome/alpine tent, carry mat, kitchen tent, stool etc will be provided.
• Transport: AC Volvo coach from Delhi – Manali and Manali to back. Tata Sumo/Toyota Qualis from Manali – Trek point and back.
• Meals: at Manali only breakfast will serve. Trek: On the trek all meals will be provided. Meal will be mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide & cook would accompany you.
• Trekking fee
Cost does not include
• Transfer in Delhi
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Monument entry fee if any
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance