Day 1 Bagdogra - Gangtok (124 kms/3-4 hrs)
Upon arrival at Bagdogra airport met Peak Adventure Tour representative and drive towards Gangtok. On arrival transfer into hotel. Evening free to do your own activity. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2 Gangtok - Yuksom (123 kms/6-7 hrs)
morning meet our guide and then drive to Yuksom. The base of our trek. Dinner and overnight stay in guesthouse.
Day 3 Yuksam (1785 mts/5854 ft) - Tsokha (3000 mts/9840 ft) (14 kms/5-6 hrs)
The trail from Yuksam starts at the local market and follows main road towards the north. The trail climbs gently out of the valley and hugs the right bank of the Ratong Chu River, which can be heard thundering through the gorge below. The trail crosses over four bridges to climb steeply towards north-west to the small settlement of Bakkhim. Continue for another 3 kms through forest of magnolia and rhododendron to reach Tsokha. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 Tsokha - Dzongri (4030 mts/13218 ft) (10 kms/5-6 hrs)
On this day the trail passes through the village of Tsokha and continues to climb north through the forest of rhododendron to the alp of Phedang (3650 m) taking around 3 hrs to complete the ascent. Continue further towards Dzongri. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 Rest day & Acclimatise at Dzongri
The day is for rest and acclimatization. On this day one can savor views of the mountain peaks by climbing up to Dzongri Top. From here you get a panoramic view of Kabru (7353 m), Ratong (6678 m), Kanchenjunga (8534 m), Koktang (6147 m), Pandim (6691 m) and Narsingh (5825 m). Towards the west, the Singalila Ridge, which separates Sikkim from Nepal, can be seen. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6 Dzongri - Thangsing (3800 mts/ 12464 ft) (10 kms/4-5 hrs)
The trail from Dzongri continues along the right bank of the river towards east. After cresting the hill the path drops into the valley and then crosses the bridge over the Prek Chu River. It's an hour climb from the bridge to Thangsing (3800 m) located on the slopes of Mt Pandim. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 7 Thangsing - Lamuni (4200 meters)
In the morning after breakfast walk below the west side of Pandim through rhododendrons forest to Zemathang. We take our first footsteps on the Onglakhing glacier and climb up to the shores of the Samiti Lake, reputed to be the sacred source of the Prek River and we walk towards Lamuni. Overnight stay in Lamuni.
Day 8 Lamuni - Goecha la (4940 meters)
We have to leave quite early morning as fog and cloud descend on the pass shortly after sunrise. The trail to Goecha la climbs steeply through moraines. From the pass, ringed with colorful prayer flags we can see Mt Kanchenjunga and beyond that the Talung glacier. The views are simply amazing and captivating. We trek back to Thangsing. (Overnight stay in Thangsing).
Day 9 Thangsing - Chamrea (4230 meters)
After a steep descent, we climb through alpine areas and pass by tiny lakes. (Overnight stay in Chamrea).
Day 10 Chamrea - Khula Orar
A steep ascent leads to the pass from where we descend through a luxuriant forest.
(Overnight stay in Khula Orar)
Day 11 Khula Orar - Kasturi Orar (3500 meters)
After going through sub-tropical luxuriant forest we reach Kasturi Orar. (Overnight stay in Kasturi Orar)
Day 12 Kasturi Orar - Labdang (2000 meters)
We walk in the half light of the under growth, through a dense forest, where lianas tangle and moss and orchids hide tree trunks. (Overnight stay in Labdang).
Day 13 Labdang - Tashiding (1740 meters)
An easy walk in an atmosphere becoming more humid and heavier. (Overnight stay in Tashiding).
Day 14 Tashiding - Yuksom (1780 meters)
Trek to Yuksom from Tashiding is flat. (Overnight stay in Yuksom)
Day 15 Yuksom - Bagdogra - Delhi
After breakfast drive to Bagdogra airport and from here catch a flight for Delhi. On arrival at Delhi transfer to T3 international terminal…
Tour & Services Ends Here
• Accommodation: Hotel in Gangtok & Yuksam on bed and breakfast basis. While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, camping stool, camping table etc would be provided.
• Transport: Tata Sumo/Mahindra Max car according to Itinerary.
• Meals: At Hotels only breakfast will serve. While on trek, all meal. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Yaks/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 14 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group
• Entry fee and Inner Line permit (ILP) etc
• Camping fees
Cost does not include
• Air Ticket
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance