Day 1 Delhi - Manali (510 kms/ 12- 13 hrs)
In the evening drive to Manali by AC Volvo coach. Overnight journey.
Day 2 Manali
Arrival at Manali by morning. On arrival transfer to hotel for relaxes. At leisure visit Hadimba Devi Temple, old Manali, Tibetan Monastery and the mall. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 Manali - Manikaran - Barsheni - Khirganga (3020 m9906 ft) 5 hrs
In the morning drive to Manikaran and from here we will start our trek. Khirganga is a hot spring where Lord Shiva is said to
have meditated. The difference between the spring here and in Manikaran is that after a bath in Khirganga, your skin will feel clammy and greasy whereas after a bath in the spring at Manikaran, your skin will feel dry.
Day 4 Khirganga - Tunda Bhuj (3285 mts/10775 ft) 5 hrs
The trek commences through dense forests and flower-strewn meadows. The progress is gradual and slow as it's a steep climb to Tunda Bhuj.
Day 5 Tunda Bhuj - Thakur Kuan (3620 mts/11874 ft) 6 hrs
The trail continues through a landscape strewn with waterfalls, lakes and meadows till Thakur Kuan.
Day 6 Thakur Kuan - Odi Thach (3800 mts/12464 ft)
It's another day of steep climb to reach the high altitude meadow of Odi Thach.
Day 7 Odi Thach - Mantalai Lake (4115 mts/13498 ft) 8 hrs
The trek up to Mantalai Lake is a gradual climb. Once at the lake, you can see the Mantalai Glacier, which is the source of the river Parvati. On the path, you will see the Pandu Bridge, which is made of a single rock on the river Parvati. It is said to make by the Pandavas during their exile in the Himalayas.
Day 8 Mantalai - Base of Pin Parvati Pass (4300 mts/14105 ft) 7 hrs
Ascend to the base camp of Mount Parvati which also serves as the base of the pass.
Day 9 Base of Pin Pass - Campsite over Pin Pass (4110 mts/13480 ft) 8 hrs
A steep climb takes you to Pin Pass (5300m). At the top of a large snow filled, crevassed hollow leads to the broad rocky saddle of the pass. At the top, one can see a splendid view of the snowy mountains of Hampta region on one side and the Pin valley of Spiti on the other.
Day 10 Campsite over Pin Pass - Tiai (3700 mts/12136 ft) 5 hrs
Trek along the Pin river in to the Pin Valley National park. Look out for the elusive snow leopards, musk deer and ibex.
Day 11 Tiai - Mud (3650 mts/11972 ft) 5 hrs
Trek through the barren, stark landscape of Spiti to Mud, a pretty village perched on a hillside.
Day 12 Mud - Gulling 6 hrs
Walk through the rough road up to Gulling with a grand view of the local villages and a barren land of the "middle country". A jeep will be awaiting at Gulling and drive same day to Kaza. Overnight in Kaza.
Day 13 Kaza
Monastic sightseeing in and around Kaza. Visit the Ki monastery, Kibber village, Dhankar monastery and Tabo monastery. Return to Kaza for the night.
Day 14 Kaza - Manali 8 hrs
Drive to the Kunzum Pass, which provides the main approach to Lahaul from Spiti. From there head to Manali via Keylong, Koksar and Rohtang Pass.
Day 15 Manali - Delhi
The day at leisure. In the evening drive to Delhi by AC Volvo coach. Overnight journey.
Day 16 Delhi
Arrival at Delhi by morning. On arrival transfer to hotel for relax. In the evening drive to international airport to catch onwards flight.
Trip ends here.
• Accommodation: Hotel in Manali and Kaza on twin sharing basis with breakfast. While on trek dome/alpine tent, carry mat, camping stool, kitchen tent etc will be provided.
• Transport: AC Volvo Coach from Delhi – Manali & Back. Tata Sumo from Manali – Trek point and back.
• Meals: In Manali & Kaza only breakfast will serve.
• Trek: All meals will be provided. Meal will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide & cook would accompany you.
• Entry fee for the trek
• Permit charges
Cost does not include
• Air fare
• Accommodation at Delhi
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Entrée fee of Monument
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance