Day 1 Delhi - Leh (3500 m) 1 hr flight
Take the short flight to Leh, the capital of Ladakh. This is an incredible flight over the greater Himalayas with spectacular views of K2 among others, to one of the world's highest airports. We spend the day in Leh to acclimatise. Take the time to explore the monasteries and markets, or just relax at the hotel. Overnight hotel.
Day 2 Leh Local Sightseeing
We spend the day in Leh for further acclimatisation. We go on a short day hike to practice exercising at this elevation. Marvel at Stok Kangri which is perched on the other side of the valley and begin to measure the size of the challenge ahead. Overnight hotel.
Day 3 Leh - Zingchan (3900 m)5/6hrs
We take a one hour drive to Spitok, the closest road access to Stok Kangri. We then start our trek with an easy introductory walk of four hours until we reach Zingchan. Overnight camp.
Day 4 Zingchan - Stok La (4400 m) 6/7 hrs.
Trek Zingchan to the base of Stok La, a pass below the mountain. Throughout the trip, we are trekking through the barren lunar landscape of Ladakh. The weather is hot during the day and cold at night. Reach Stok La and have a well earned hot meal and good night’s sleep.
Day 5 Stok La - Mankorma (4900 m) 5/6 hrs
Trek over the Stok La Pass and camp at Mankorma. The pass offers great views of Stok Kangri and the route to the summit from the base camp.
Day 6 Mankorma - Base Camp (5000 m) 4/5 hrs
We make an early start and reach base camp with still most of the day to rest. We have lunch and then take a short climb from base camp to better acclimatise. We climb a further 100 m and then come back down again to get an early night in preparation for tomorrow's summit attempt.
Day 7 Base Camp - Stok Kangri (6150 m) - Base Camp (5000 m) 10 hrs
We start climbing in the early hours of the morning to avail of the best weather conditions and a possible sunrise at the summit. First we climb onto a ridge which leads to a large glacier. After crossing the glacier we ascend steeply to the summit. This last leg is the most difficult and takes a lot of physical and mental strength. The panoramic view from the summit is second to none. To the north-west the Karakoram Range, including K2 (8611 m), seems endless. One can also see the Zanskar Range and view Tibet in the distance, an outstanding vista of snow-capped peaks.
Day 8 Spare Summit Day
Spare Summit Day
Day 9 Base Camp - Stok village - Leh (3500 m) 8 hrs
From base camp we descend all the way to Stok village. This is a great walk passing by numerous ruins of old forts and castles. It takes about six hours to reach Stok village where we are met by waiting vehicles. We then drive two hours back to Leh enjoy a meal and some well earned drinks at the hotel.
Day 10 Leh - Delhi
Take the flight from Leh to Delhi and catch your last view of Stok Kangri through the cabin window.
Trip & Services Ends Here
• Accommodation: In Leh: Hotel/Guest House on bed and breakfast basis. While on trek we will use dome/alpine tents, carry mat, camping stool, kitchen tent etc
• Transport: All road transfer by Toyota Innova/Qualis/Mahindra Scorpio/Xylo according to itinerary.
• Meals: Leh: Only breakfast will serve. Trek: All meals will be provided. The meals will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Mules/Porters (LAP & HAP): For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
• Professional local trekking & Climbing guide & cook would accompany the group.
• Indian Mountaineering Foundation Peak Climbing Fee
• Trekking Permit and camping fees
Cost does not include
• Air fare
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Entrée fee if any
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
• Travel insurance