Day 1 Arrive Delhi
On arrival at Delhi airport meet our executive & transfer to pre booked hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2 Delhi
In the morning after breakfast visit the IMF (Indian Mountaineering Foundation) for briefing & equipment check up, meet Liaison Officer. Later drive back to hotel. The day is free. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 3 Delhi - Leh (3 600m)
Early in the morning transfer to airport & from here catch a spectacular flight for Leh. On arrival at Leh airport meet & greet by our Ladakhi representative & transfer to hotel. The day is free to get acclimatisation. By evening one can roam in the colorful Leh market. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4 Leh - Shey - Thiksey - Hemis
On this day you will go a sightseeing trip to some ancient monasteries in this area.
Shey Gompa is about 15 kms from Leh. It used to be the summer palace of the kings of Ladakh. There are lots of Stupas and Gompas built around the palace. Shey palace was built by Deldan Namgyal in the beginning of 17Th century AD. Main attraction in Shey is the 12m Shakyamuni Buddha statue inside the Dresthang Gompa.
Thiksey Gompa, close to Shey is about 17 kms from Leh. The monastery is considered to be one of the most beautiful in Ladakh and belongs to the Gelukspa order.
Hemis, about 45 kms south of Leh it is one of the most famous and largest monastery in Ladakh. It belongs to the Drukpa order and was founded in the early 17Th century. The setting is perfect with the monastery cradled in a lovely valley, surrounded by streams and fronted by long Mani walls. Overnight stay at the guest house.
Day 5 Leh - Khardung La - Leh (39 Kms)
In the morning after breakfast drive north of Leh up to Khardung La. (Mountain Pass at 5570 m/18380 ft.). Here is supposed to be the highest motorable road not only in India but in the world. After exploring the area drive back to Leh by afternoon. In the evening one can walk on Leh Market for a last minute shopping. Overnight in hotel.
Day 6 Leh - Haniskut (3700 m)
In the morning meet our team & drive towards Haniskut village via Fatu La Pass (4091 mts), its a small village in the Markha valley area. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay. Overnight stay at camp.
Day 7 Hinaskot - Kanji (3680 mts)
In the morning after breakfast get ready towards the Kanji, the Kun's base camp. This route will take a few days and will bid the chance to determine this stunning part of the Himalayan array. Overnight in tent.
Day 8 Kanji - Kanji La Base (4440 mts & 5200 mts Top of Kanji la)
This morning we continue our trek towards Kanji La base camp. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay. Dinner & overnight stay at camp.
Day 9 Kanji La Base - Sumdo (3810 mts)
Surrounded by the Kanji range with several summits ranging from 5 000 to 5 500m, we continue our acclimatization trek southward. These areas still remain mostly wild and unaffected by mass tourism. Night in tent.
Day 10 Sumdo - Rangdum (3840 m)
From Sumdo we continue on our acclimatization trek. We reach Rangdum. Night in tent.
Day 11 Rangdum - Shafat (3840 m)
Last day of our approach trek. Today we reach the base camp. Night in tent.
Day 12 Shafat - Base camp (4830 m)
We reach base camp, somewhere below 5 000m. The team sets up the camp, facing the summit. We start feeling the effects of altitude. Rest and night in camp.
Day 13 Base camp - camp 1 (5500 m)
Days walk to reach camp 1, crossing the 5 500m limit and return to base camp for the night. Night at camp.
Day 14 Camp 1 (5500 m)
Climb to altitude camps. First camp 1, where we set up our camp. Night in tent.
Day 15 Camp 1 - Camp 2 (6200 m)
Climb to camp 2. Due to the factors of altitude and non existence of tracks, our progression on the slope will be relatively slow, monitered by our guide. We establish our camp at 6 200 m. Night in tent.
Day 16 Camp 2 (6200m)
Rest day. Night in tent.
Day 17 KUN summit (7038 m)
Early departure for the summit climb. Progression at your pace. We reach the summit and return to camp 2. Night in tent.
Day 18 to 19: Reserve day
Reserve day for a second attempt in case of bad weather. Return to base camp.
Day 20 Base camp - Gulmatungo
We leave base camp and walk down to Gulmatungo ; near Yumkun on the banks of the Suru river. Night in tent.
Day 21 Gulmatungo - Kargil
Our vehicle will pick us up and drive us to Kargil, a small trading town, where Indian and Pakistani merchants meet. Night at the hotel.
Day 22 Kargil - Leh
After breakfast we take the road to Leh. The winding road goes through various passes and familiar landscapes discovered during our trek. We reach Leh mid-afternoon to check in at our hotel. Evening free.
Day 23 Leh - Delhi
Airport transfer to catch the Delhi flight. Check in at your hotel. Afternoon free. Overnight at hotel.
Day 24 International flight
Transfer to airport. Return flight. (or extension in Delhi)
Trip & services end.
• Accommodation: Hotel in Delhi & Leh on twin sharing basis with breakfast. While on trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool, camping table etc would be provided.
• Transport: AC Transport for entire trip. (AC will not run on the hills)
• Meals: In Delhi & Leh only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• All food up to Base Camp and High Camps
• High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude
• LAP & HAP: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 20 kgs).
• Professional local expedition guide and kitchen staff and helper would accompany the group
• Camping Fees
• Porters/ponies up to Base Camp
• Cook, Kitchen helper in Base
• High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
• Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
• Base Camp Manager
• Base Camp Tents for Members, Kitchen and Dining Tent
• Kitchen Utensils and Fuel
Cost does not includes
• IMF peak royalty fees
• Liaison Officer Cost
• Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc
• Air fare
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance