Day 1 Arrive Leh
On arrival at Leh airport you will be meet our executive & drive to Hotel for check in inl. Leh is at an altitude of 11,500ft/3,500m and therefore we recommend that the rest of the day be spent resting to help adjust to the altitude.
Day 2 Sightseeing Leh for acclimatisation
Visit the monasteries at Shey and Thiksey. Shey Gompa is situated on a small hill 10 miles south of Leh and was once the residence of the royal family. It was constructed by the first king of Ladakh, Lhachen Palgyigon, and was the seat of power of the pre-Tibetan kings. Thiksey Gompa is located 15 miles from Leh. It is a very imposing monastery and one of the finest example of Ladakhi architecture of any type. The 12 storey building contains numerous Stupas, Statues, Thangkas and wall paintings as well as a large pillar engraved with the Buddha's teachings. The main prayer hall has a 50 feet high seated Buddha figure. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3 Leh - Spituk - Zingchen (3200 m) in 4 h
We drive 10 km to Spituk from where we start our trek. We cross Indus river and enter in the Valley of Zingchen river. Near the village in the Valley we will have our first camp after 4 hr walk.
Day 4 Zingchen - Yurutse (3844 m) in 5 h
After by passing this beautiful stopping valley, we ascent up to 4900 m. by very steep zigzag, difficult footpath, by now it is 3 h. Now steep descent to summer pastures of Stok and follow the river which comes from Stok - Kangri massif. Overnight Tent.
Day 5 Yurutse - Ganda La (4900 m) - Skiu (3510 m) in 6/7 h
Yurutse follow path along the mountainside, then cross a small valley and follow zig zag steep path. Thereafter cross Ganda la. Then long descent towards Shingo. After 2 Hrs. descent arrive in the valley of Markha and then after few hundred meters further will reach Skiu. Overnight Tent.
Day 6 Skiu - Markha (3850 m) in 7 h
From Skiu, follow a good path on the right bank of Markha where one can find great vegetation. Then cross right bank of river and cross through barren plain and arrive at Chaluk. Thereafter walk along the left bank of river and after another crossing climb towards Markha village. Good camp site beyond the village and near river.
Day 7 Markha - Hankar (4000 m) in 4 h
Starts trek towards the main valley on the right bank. The path is sometimes difficult in the river bed and pass the monastery of Humlung. Then carry on trek along the right bank and arrive in Hankar where there are several houses. Overnight Tent.
Day 8 Hankar - Base camp of Kangyatse
The path improves and cross a broad valley on the right side. The valley becomes narrow and higher and cross bridges on to the left bank and then reaches Tchatchuste. We climb up to Base camp of Kang Yatse. Overnight Tent
Day 9 Summit - back to Nimaling
We today we will start to summit for Kangyatse peaks: we will start around 12 am . with our expert Guides. Later other staff get down to plan side Nimaling hardly 2 hrs walk Overnight in tents.
Day 10 Nimaling - Kongmaru La (5150 mts/16892 ft) – Sumdo
Today one will cross to the north of the Markha, climbing to the top of the highest of the three passes, the 5,306 M Kongmaru La, with its wonderful views from the top. There are snow peaks in every direction and on a clear day the giants of Karakoram, including K2, can be seen on the north-western horizon. The trail descends to the Martselang valley, following the Martselang stream to the village of Sumdo. Overnight in the tents.
Day 11 Sumdo - Hemis (4 hrs trek) - Leh
Today make an easy descent along the Martselang to where it broadens into the valley of the Indus at Martselang village. Board the awaiting jeeps. Visit Hemis monastery and after that drive to Leh via Shey and Thiksey monastery. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 12 Leh departure
After breakfast check out from hotel.
• Accommodation: Leh: Hotel on bed and breakfast basis. While on climbing/trek we will use dome/alpine tents
• Transport: Arrival, departure transfer at Leh. Also all sightseeing, drop and pick up for the trek in Leh by Toyota Qualis/Tavera.
• Meals: Leh: only breakfast will serve. Climbing/Trek: All meals will be provided. The meals will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide & cook would accompany the group.
• Trekking & camping fees
• Experience Climbing Guide
• All Peak Climbing fees
• Restricted area permit fees
• Camping fees
Cost does not include
• Air fare (Delhi – Leh return)
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Entry fee if any
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance