Day 1 Arrive Delhi
Upon arrival at Delhi airport met our representative and then transfer to hotel by AC Car. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 Delhi - Rishikesh (225 kms/6 hrs approx)
In the morning after breakfast transfer to IMF for briefing & equipment check and later drive to Rishikesh via Haridwar. On arrival transfer to hotel. Evening free to explore the nearby area by your own. Overnight stay at hotel.
Rishikesh: Situated at the foothills of Garhwal hills along Ganges, Rishikesh is a gateway to the important religious places of Badrinath, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Yamunotri. Places of interest includes visit to Bharat Mandir- the oldest temple in Rishikesh, Nilkanth Mahadev-this is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva drank the poison churn out of the cosmic ocean among many other temples. Also visit some of its many Ashrams: Ashrams are centers for spiritual studies, meditation, Yoga, sacred prayers besides being residential centers for the resident gurus.
Day 3 Rishikesh - Uttarkashi (180 kms/ 5-6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast proceed for Uttarkashi (1150 mt), which takes 5-6 hrs drive. Upon arrival check-in at Hotel. Evening free to explore the surrounding by your own. Overnight stay at hotel.
Uttarkashi is the principle town in the region. Nehru Institute of Mountaineering is situated here. It is also the gateway to many mountaineering and trekking expedition in Gangotri area.
Day 4 Uttarkashi
The day is for documentation. One can explore this beautiful hill town. Overnight at hotel.
Day 5 Uttarkashi - Gangotri (3048 m/ 10,000 ft) Drive (95 kms).
Morning after breakfast drive to reach Gangotri via Harsil (approx 25 km before Gangotri (3048 mt) by covering approx 95 km in 4-5 hrs. On arrival check-into Hotel. Overnight stay.
There is a beautiful Gorge at Bhairon Ghati over which there is a steel guarder bridge. Gangotri is the place where the Goddess Ganga descended on Earth from Heaven. There is a Temple of Goddess Ganga where thousands of devotees throng to pay homage to her.
Gangotri: The shrine of Gangotri is situated at an elevation of 3200 m surrounded by deodars and pines. The original temple was constructed by the Gorkha General Amar Singh Thapa. Every year people from all around the world visit this shrine. A number of ashrams and dharamshalas are located on the other side of the river. It is believed that Raja Bhagirath used to worship Shiva on a slab of rock "Bhagirath Shila" situated near the temple. Submerged in the river there is a natural Shivling where, according to mythology, Lord Shiva sat when he received the Goddess Ganga in his matted locks. A days trek takes one to Gomukh, the source of the mighty Ganges.
Day 6 Gangotri
The day is for acclimatisation. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7 Gangotri (3048 mts/10000 ft) - Bhojwassa (3792 mts/12440 ft) 13 kms trek/5-6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast we commands our trek further to Bhojwassa via Chirbasa (3600mt). From Gangotri we move along the beaten track towards Chirbasa, which is on tree line. The entire trek today is along the roaring Bhagirathi River. Beyond Chirbasa the terrain becomes really desolate and barren. In fact, it has been referred to as Artic Tundra by many trekkers. From Chirbasa we trek further to Bhojwassa, the entire trail passes through dense forest, Arrive Bhojwassa, there is a small temple and a potential campsite near down the river. We make our camp near river side. Afternoon free to explore the area and to enjoy excellent sunset on Bhagirathi group of peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 8 Bhojwassa - Gomukh (3890 mts/12760 ft) - Tapovan (4463 mts / 14640 ft)
Early in the Morning enjoy the panoramic view of Bhagirathi group of peaks. After breakfast trek to Gomukh (3890mt), the source of the Ganges. Gomukh is where the water of Ganga trickles down from the glaciers. The sages called it 'Gomukh', because in the distant past, it probably appeared like a cow's mouth. Explore the area and trek to Tapovan, one of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area. The trek from Gomukh to Tapovan is ascent steep, and as we climb, the view of the surrounding peaks becomes clearer. The appear to be just a stone's throw away. Tapovan known for its beautiful meadows that encircle the base camp of the Shivling peak, Tapovan is a very pleasant surprised spot with a large meadow complete with bubbling streams, wildflowers and campsites. Herds of Bharal (blue mountain goats) is a common sight from here on mountain ridges. On the far side of the glacier the Bhagirathi I, II, III (6454mt), provide an equally impressive backdrop. It is also the little wonder where Sadhus and saints choose this spot for extended meditation during the long summer month. Arrive Tapovan and camp. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 9 Tapovan (4463 mts / 14640 ft)
Free to acclimatize, relax and enjoy the magnificent snow capped peaks, flora & Fauna and mountain landscape. Dinner and overnight stay at the camp.
Day 10 Tapovan - Base Camp
After early breakfast we will set out for base camp. Overnight stay in tent.
Day 11 Climbing to Kedardome Peak Summit & Sky down (Day 11 - Day 18))
From day 11 – day 18 we will approach to summit the Kedarnath peak.
Day 19 Tapovan - Chirbasa (16 kms/5-6 hrs)
Today after breakfast we will trek down to Chirbasa via Bhojwassa. Overnight in tent.
Day 20 Chirbasa - Gangotri (8 kms/2 hrs) - Uttarkashi (95 kms/5-6 hrs)
After breakfast trek down to Gangotri and from here drive to Uttarkashi. On arrival check in to hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 21 Uttarkashi - Rishikesh (200 kms/6-7 hrs)
Today we will take a drive to Rishikesh. Overnight at hotel.
Day 22 Rishikesh - Delhi (225 kms/6 - 7 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Delhi. On arrival check in to hotel. By evening group will enjoy dinner at Restaurant with Peak Adventure Manager. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 23 Delhi Departure
Transfer to airport according to your flight schedule.
Trip & Services Ends Here
• Accommodation: Hotel in Delhi, Rishikesh, Uttarkashi on twin sharing basis with breakfast. While on trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool, camping table etc would be provided.
• Transport: AC Transport for entire trip. (AC will not run on the hills)
• Meals: In Delhi, Rishikesh, Uttarkashi only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• All food up to Base Camp and High Camps
• High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude
• LAP & HAP: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 20 kgs).
• Professional local expedition guide and kitchen staff and helper would accompany the group
• Camping Fees
• Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
• Porters/ponies up to Base Camp
• Cook, Kitchen helper in Base
• Base Camp Tents for Members, Kitchen and Dining Tent
• Kitchen Utensils and Fuel
• IMF peak royalty
• Restricted Area Fees as applicable
• Liaison Officer Cost
• Environment Levy
• State Government Fees
Cost does nit includes
• Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc
• Air fare
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance
Peak Adventure Tours Invites You To Fly Your Flag On An Indian Summit!!!