Day 1 Delhi - Bagdogra - Gangtok
Take morning flight from Delhi to Bagdogra. Meet our representative and drive towards Darjeeling. On arrival transfer into hotel. Evening sightseeing and acclamitisation. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 Gangtok - Yuksom
Today we will drive to Yuksom. The base of our trek. Dinner and overnight stay in guesthouse/tents.
Day 3 Yuksom - Tshoka
The trail from Yuksom starts at the local market and follows main road towards the north. The trail climbs gently out of the valley and hugs the right bank of the Ratong Chu River, which can be heard thundering through the gorge below. The trail crosses over four bridges to climb steeply towards north-west to the small settlement of Bakhim. Continue for another 3 kms through forest of magnolia and rhododendron to reach Tshokh. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 Tshoka - Dzongri
On this day the trail passes through the village of Tshokh and continues to climb north through the forest of rhododendron to the alp of Phidang (3650 m) taking around 3 hrs to complete the ascent. Continue further towards Dzongri. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 Dzongri Acclimatisation
The day is for rest and acclimatization. On this day one can savour views of the mountain peaks by climbing up to Dzongri Top. From here you get a panoramic view of Kabru (7353 m), Ratong (6678 m), Kanchenjunga (8534 m), Koktang (6147 m), Pandim (6691 m) and Narsing (5825 m). Towards the west, the Singalila Ridge, which separates Sikkim from Nepal, can be seen. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6 Dzongri - Thangsing
The trail from Dzongri continues along the right bank of the river towards east. After cresting the hill the path drops into the valley and then crosses the bridge over the Prek Chu river. Its an hour climb from the bridge to Tangsiing (3800 m) located on the slopes of Mt Pandim. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 7 Thangsing - Samiti Lake
The trail from Tangsiing climbs gently north and follows a stream and alpine meadows. About an hour above Tangsiing we reach Onglathang from where the superb view of the south face of Kanchenjunga can be seen. In order to capture clear views one has to reach Onglathang early. The trail then skirts through a series of glacial moraines before crossing over meadows again, and arrives at the emerald lake at Samiti. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 8 Samiti Lake - Goecha La - Samiti Lake
The climb to Goecha La begins with a gentle gradient eastwards for about half an hour and then later the steep ascent starts. The trail follows the glacial moraine north-east and then drops to a dry lake at Zemathang. A tough scramble over rocks and boulders with a rise of 400 meters will bring us on the top of the pass. The pass is formed due to the depression between Pandim and the Kabru spurs. It over looks the Talung Valley and commands a very impressive view of the south face of Kanchejunga. Afternoon return to the Samiti lake. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 9 Samiti Lake - Tshoka
Start retracing steps towards Tangsiing will take about couple of hours or so. From Tangsiing follow the trail to Kokchorung(3800 m) which is a good camping site. Continue descending towards Tsokha by going through a bypass route directly to Tsokha. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 10 Tshoka - Yuksom
In the morning after breakfast trek down to Tshoka. Overnight stay at Guest House.
Day 11 Yuksom - Bagdogra
In the morning after breakfast drive to Bagdogra airport and from here catch a flight for onward destination.
• Accommodation: Hotel in Gangtok & Yuksam on bed and breakfast basis. While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, camping stool, camping table etc would be provided.
• Transport: Tata Sumo/Mahindra Max car according to Itinerary.
• Meals: At Hotels only breakfast will serve. While on trek, all meal. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
• Yaks/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 14 kgs).
• Professional local trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group
• Entry fee and Inner Line permit (ILP) etc
• Trekking permit fees
Cost does not include
• Air Ticket
• Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Travel insurance